Getting to know your interests, abilities, and values is the first step in deciding on a major or career path. Taking a career assessment is one way to begin the exploring process. ACIC offers two free career assessments:
ACIC career assessments
- FOCUS 2 is an on-line, interactive education and career planning system that combines self assessment, major and career exploration, and decision making into one comprehensive program. FOCUS 2 will help you clarify your skills, interests, and professional goals so you will be better equipped to identify potential majors and minors, to create an academic plan, and to map out a basic career path.
- Stop by ACIC in 14 Holton Hall to meet with a career specialist and start exploring!
Self-Directed Search (SDS)
- Whether you are looking for a college major, beginning a job search, or thinking about a career change, the SDS will provide valuable career information. This assessment helps tie your personal work preferences to corresponding work environments.
- Stop by 14 Holton Hall to meet with a career specialist and take the free Self-Directed Search, or take it online now. Please note -- when you take the assessment online, you will be allowed to answer questions, but a fee will be required to obtain your results.
- The DISCOVER Career Guidance Program is unavailable due to system upgrades. Please check back in the Spring 2013 semester for DISCOVER.
See a list of K-State majors organized according to career areas on the World-of-Work map. So whether you're looking to apply your Discover results to K-State programs, or just trying to get an idea about majors that can help you land a job in a certain career field, this will be a great resource for you!
Learn more about the steps you can take to help you decide on a major and choose a career path.
Additional campus resources
For additional career assessments available at K-State, check with Counseling Services.
There are a number of personality and career assessments available on the internet. Here are a few to help you get started.