Kansas State University Digital Signage
Kansas State University provides a centralized digital sign system using Four Winds Interactive (FWI) software, supported jointly by the Division of Communications and Marketing (DCM) and Information Technology Services (ITS). University units may request access to the digital sign software upon signing a service level agreement (SLA) with ITS. Hardware and installation costs will be the responsibility of the requesting department/unit.
Here is a look at the process for requesting access to the digital sign software, as well as assistance with design and hardware needs assessment.
Contact your client manager or Robert Nelson with the Division of Communications and Marketing at email@example.com or 785-532-2535.
We will meet with you to:
- Discuss the purpose and proposed location(s) of the digital sign(s) requested
- Help determine whether an interactive sign is best for the unit’s needs
- Determine a timeframe for digital sign deployment(s)
- Work with you to determine what type of content will be needed for the sign
See a gallery of displays on campus.
DCM will arrange a meeting with you and Information Technology Services to:
- Provide quotes for the display, mounting hardware and computer
- Explain the process of submitting a request to obtain a cost estimate or submitting a work order with Kansas State University Facilities to determine power and mounting costs
- Explain the process of submitting a request to obtain a cost estimate or submitting a work order with Kansas State University ITS to provide network access at the proposed sign location(s)
When the hardware has arrived (mounting brackets for display and computer) the following will happen:
ITS will (ITS charges will apply):
- Install network line for the digital sign computer
- Ensure the provided line is on the secured digital sign VLAN
Facilities will (Facilities charges will apply):
- Install power
- Install the mounting brackets for the display and computer
- Hang the display on the mounting bracket (the computer will be installed in a secured computer mounting bracket by iTAC once Facilities installs the bracket)
- Load software and Install computer hardware in the computer bracket
- Connect cables to the display and computer
- Connect the digital sign to the server
- Grant digital sign server access to your assigned staff for sign content management
- Train unit staff on how to update data field on their templates
- Train unit staff as requested on more advanced digital sign techniques
Once the sign is fully deployed and staff is trained, Information Technology Services will provide ongoing hardware and connectivity support as long as recommended hardware is purchased. The Division of Communications and Marketing will provide ongoing support for template and design-related items, and provide shared content for display university-wide. Departmental/localized content requests should be routed to your client manager-please allow sufficient lead time to produce special content.