- Apply for benefits at VA.gov as soon as possible, preferably 3-6 months prior to start of first semester.
- After submitting application for benefits, expect to receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in 8 to 10 weeks. Submit copy to Office of Veteran Affairs.
- During enrollment, complete the Enrollment Certification Request form including your academic advisors signature.
- Once submitted to the Office of Veteran Affairs, the due date for tuition and fees will be deferred to mid semester.
- During peak times allow up to 4 weeks for certification to the U.S. Dept. of Veteran Affairs. The VA generates emails notifying you of certifications.
- After certification, allow 4 to 6 weeks before expecting payments. Total processing time averages 8 to 10 weeks.
- Post 9/11 GI-Bill® student's credit hours are initially certified without tuition and fees to the VA. Tuition and fees will be certified to the VA after the drop period has ended.