Non-resident Tuition Waiver Benefit
Per the Choice Act of 2014 and the State House Bill 2154 and 2567, Kansas State University will offer the in-state tuition rate to qualified individuals.
Qualified individuals include:
- Current members of the armed forces of the United States
- Spouses and dependent children of current members of the armed forces of the United States
- Veterans and their spouse and dependent children who were permanently stationed in Kansas during their service in the armed forces**
- Veterans and their spouse and dependent children who had established residency in Kansas prior to service in the armed forces**
- Veterans eligible for VA educational benefits (Post 9/11, Montgomery, Chapter 1606/1607 reserves)**
- Spouses and dependent children of veterans with entitlement to a VA educational benefit (Post 9/11, Fry scholarship, Chapter 35 DEA)**
*The term “armed forces” includes the army, navy, marine corps, air force, coast guard, Kansas army or air national guard or any branch of the military reserves of the United States.
** Requirements: Must live in Kansas while attending school.
Note: It is not a requirement to use the VA educational benefit to receive the in-state rate. The in-state rate continues even after the benefit has been exhausted with continuous enrollment.
Questions and inquiries regarding in-state tuition are handled through the Admissions Office.
K-State Admissions Office
119 Anderson Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506