November 28, 2022
Virtual option available for Office of Engagement event today
The Office of Engagement is providing a virtual option to attend its lunch event from noon to 1 p.m. today, Monday, Nov. 28. Register at bit.ly/2022ESCPanel to attain Zoom link for the event, "Spotlighting Engaged Opportunities for K-State Faculty and Staff."
Join us as we spotlight colleagues who presented at the 2022 Engagement Scholarship Consortium conference, "The Impact of Engaged Scholarship: People, Purpose, and Passion," in Athens, Georgia. The session will highlight the concept of university-community engagement through the work of K-State faculty and graduate students. We will also explore ways that K-State faculty, staff and students can participate in professional development opportunities offered through the Engagement Scholarship Consortium.
- Ania Payne, assistant professor of English.
- Brandon W. Kliewer, associate professor of civic leadership, Staley School of Leadership.
- Josh Brewer, executive director, Manhattan Area Habitat for Humanity.
- Kerry Priest, associate professor, Staley School of Leadership and director, Leadership Communication Doctoral Program.
- La Barbara Wigfall, associate professor of landscape architecture and regional & community planning.
- Mac Benavides, assistant professor of teaching, Staley School of Leadership.
- Ronald Orchard, community outreach and shelter medicine fellow, College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Susan Metzger, associate director for K-State agriculture and extension.
The session is designed to help faculty and students to think about developing community-based research and engagement skills that provide foundational training for the next generation of engaged scholars. This interactive session will encourage participants to critically reflect on the process and content of community-engaged scholarship.
The event is free and open to all faculty, staff and students. For any questions regarding the event please contact the Office of Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.