November 15, 2022
Application open for Spring 2023 Graduate Student Leadership Development Program
K-State graduate students have an opportunity to go beyond the development of technical expertise and build career-readiness skills for leadership and problem-solving. Applications are now being accepted for the Spring 2023 Graduate Student Leadership Development Program.
Created by the Staley School of Leadership and the Graduate School, this program provides graduate students the opportunity to develop leadership skills to make positive changes in their work, studies and student organizations.
Program learning objectives:
- Distinguish between authority and leadership.
- Understand the concepts of adaptive leadership including diagnosing the situation, managing self, intervening skillfully and energizing others.
- Understand how to facilitate change in self, others, and the community.
- Exercise leadership on difficult challenges in personal and professional settings.
- Develop capacity for inclusive leadership practice.
In this semesterlong experience, participants will work with faculty and graduate student peers to dive into challenges important to them. Students will participate in two cohort workshops, at least two elective workshops, and three peer coaching sessions. The full program will be conducted via Zoom. Graduate students from all disciplines studying at any campus or online are welcome to apply. The application deadline is Nov. 28.
Visit the program website to learn more and apply. Questions may be directed to Megan Miller, student success coordinator, at email@example.com.