April 25, 2013
Last opportunity for classified employees: Sign up for Alternative Service Committee group discussions
Submitted by Alternative Service Committee
Seats are still available for several of the Alternative Service Committee group discussion sessions for classified employees to attend and have the opportunity to provide valuable feedback and input to the committee about the white papers drafted in collaboration with Kansas State University. The drafted white papers have been developed under the provision of Statute 76-715a for a new system of administration for employment, known as university support staff, or USS.
The following sessions are still available to participate in:
The dates and times on the Manhattan Campus for the Alternative Service Committee Group Discussions for university support staff, WHR103, are:
- Session 0009: 3 p.m. April 29 in Edwards Hall Commons
- Session 0006: 3 p.m. May 2 in the Big 12 K-State Student Union
- *Session 0007: 11 a.m. May 7 in the K-State Student Union K Ballroom
- Session 0010: 11 a.m. May 10 in the Edwards Hall Commons
The date with an asterisk (*) is a discussion group that will also be available through teleconferencing for those who are unable to attend in person. Please contact email@example.com with regard to the details of using this service.
Registration for a group discussion is available through your HRIS self-service portal with the course description listed as Alternative Service Committee Group Discussions for university support staff and the course number WHR103. It is important you register due to room capacity limits.
If you registered prior to this announcement you do not have to register again. You may register in one of two ways:
1) Through HRIS self enrollment https://www.as.ksu.edu/psp/HRIS, or
2) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, employee ID (if known), course number WHR103, group discussion date, and location. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or 532-6277.
The committee’s website provides communications, copies of white papers, frequently asked questions and progress of the plan.