March 19, 2020
Transitioning to remote course delivery
Submitted by Communications and Marketing
During this time of change, K-State is committed to making the transition from on-campus to remote course delivery as seamless as possible.
Through the K-State Campus Store, Follett is offering several options for students.
• Access to eBooks at no additional charge. Visit the campus store website to gain access to eBooks at no additional charge with your .edu email address. You can access up to seven eBooks for the designated period free of charge.
• Free online shipping. Visit the campus store website for free shipping on all items with no minimum purchase. This includes various formats of course materials, supplies, apparel, technology and more.
• Free shipping on rental returns and deadline extensions. The campus store is offering free shipping return labels and is also extending the non-return period without penalty to assist with increased returns by mail. Click the COVID-19 message on the top of the home page of the campus store website for more details.
Additionally, K-State Libraries is offering solutions for students:
• K-State Libraries can scan chapters from its textbook collection and request chapters from other libraries as well. The ability to fill requests is heavily dependent on the operations of other libraries, many of which are also reducing their operations. To maximize your chance of success, please request only those portions of books that you need.
• To place a request for a chapter of a textbook, use the Interlibrary Loan request form. The library will work to get you a scanned copy either from its collection or another library.
Please also don't hesitate to reach out to your instructor during this time. Your instructors will help you find appropriate alternative solutions if needed.