April 6, 2017
Prizes to win, events to attend during National Student Employment Week
K-State students are invited to participate in the following events and giveaways April 10-14. Giveaway winners will be randomly selected and students must be currently enrolled to be eligible.
Online entry forms will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day on the Career Center website or by using the links below.
Monday, April 10
- McCain Monday Giveaway: Enter to win two McCain Performance Series tickets to "100 Years of Broadway" on May 14.
Tuesday, April 11
- Treat Yourself Tuesday Giveaway: Five lucky students will be awarded $10 JP's Sports Bar and Grill gift cards.
- Student Employee of the Year Award Ceremony — 4 p.m. at the K-State Alumni Center. Finalists, their families, friends and supervisors/nominators are invited to participate in the third annual award ceremony, where the 2017 Student Employee of the Year award winner will be announced.
Wednesday, April 12
- Wildcats Forever Wednesday Giveaway: Two students will be awarded 2017-2018 Wildcats Forever memberships which include a membership T-shirt, a collectible glass and a membership card with discounts to favorite places in town.
- "Putting Your Strengths to Work" — 3 p.m. in the Berney Family Welcome Center Theater. Join the Career Center and K-State StrengthsQuest as they lead an interactive panel discussion about how students can leverage their top five talent themes in the workplace. Hear from fellow students and campus leaders about how they use Strengths to improve self-engagement and achieve desired success.
Thursday, April 13
- Take $25 Off Thursday Giveaway: Four winners will receive a $25 promo code to be used online at shop.kstatesports.com.
- "Where Wildcats Work" — 4 p.m. in the Berney Family Welcome Center Theater. Listen to a panel of recent alumni share their career journey.
Friday, April 14
- Feel Good Friday Giveaway: Five will win a $10 gift card for their next salon service at Bellus Academy.
- Chester E. Peters Lecture Series — 10 a.m. in Forum Hall of the K-State Student Union. Adam Peck, assistant vice president and dean of student affairs at Stephen F. Austin State University, will present "Engagement and Employability: Integrating Transferable Skills in the Complete College Experience." Sponsored by the K-State College of Education.
- Feel Good Friday at the Rec: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Rec Complex. Get a free massage from the professionals at Bellus Academy.
National Student Employment Week is organized by the K-State Career Center. Additional sponsors include K-State Athletics, Recreational Services, the Wildcat Wellness Coalition, the K-State Alumni Association, McCain Performance Series, Housing and Dining Services, StrengthsQuest and the Chester E. Peters Lecture Series.