February 5, 2016
Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows Program seeking applications until Feb. 26
Are you an undergraduate student who will be entering your final year at K-State during the 2016-2017 academic year? Are you a fan of coach Bill Snyder? Are you looking for unique opportunities for personal development as you prepare for life after graduation? If so, consider applying for the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows Program.
In addition to engineering the greatest turnaround in college football history, coach Snyder has been a champion of developing leaders — both on and off the football field. It is because of this commitment that the Staley School of Leadership Studies, in partnership with K-State Athletics, is thrilled to offer a leadership development program that honors his work in developing a family of leaders — the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program.
The second year for Snyder Fellows program will begin in April 2016 and continue through April 2017. This yearlong program will include a class of up to 40 outstanding K-State undergraduate students entering their final year at K-State. Snyder Fellows will participate in a variety of leadership development activities to help prepare for the transition from college and for engagement as lifelong leaders. Through generous contributions from supporters of coach Snyder and the Staley School, this noncredit development program will be offered at no cost for all selected students.
The Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows:
• Participate in a leadership development program rooted in coach Snyder's 16 Goals for Success.
• Attend three intensive retreats focused on goal setting and leadership development.
• Take part in exclusive personal and professional development events with successful athletes, scholars and business leaders throughout the year.
• Participate in leadership dialogues and form an ongoing relationship with coach Snyder.
• Engage in one-on-one coaching sessions with Staley School faculty members and campus partners through the critical transition from college to career.
• Make a difference on campus and in the community through service and mentoring activities.
• Create a network of Snyder Fellows past and present to form a family of lifelong leaders.
All applications must be submitted by Feb. 26. Read more information on the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program, or contact Staley School faculty member Marcia Hornung at 785-532-6085 or email@example.com.