April 6, 2015
Graduate Student Appreciation Week kicks off today
Today kicks off K-State's very first campuswide Graduate Student Appreciation Week. This inaugural week will feature events, activities and free food for graduate students in appreciation of their dedicated service and contributions to the teaching, research and scholarship, and outreach in the current academic year, thus far. A list of events and activities sponsored by colleges and departments, of which the Graduate School was notified, is shown below.
Monday, April 6
- Engineering Graduate Student Open House with Varsity Donuts and coffee — 8-10 a.m. in 1048 Rathbone Hall and 236 Nichols Hall.
- College of Veterinary Medicine Ice Cream Social for all College of Veterinary Medicine graduate students — 2-3 p.m. in the Mara Conference Center, 407 Trotter Hall.
Tuesday, April 7
- Ice Cream Social for all K-State graduate students hosted by the Graduate School and Graduate Student Council — 1-3 p.m. on the east side of Fairchild Hall.
- College of Education reception and social hour for graduate students — 2:30-3:30 p.m. in 21 Bluemont Hall.
- Education Graduate Student Organization presentation of graduate students who have received travel grants — 3:30-4:30 p.m. in 21 Bluemont Hall.
Wednesday, April 8
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction, College of Education, will offer coffee and treats for graduate students all day in 201 Bluemont Hall.
- Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics Graduate Student Appreciation Lunch — 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in 115 Justin Hall.
- Graduate Student Council Awards and Recognition Reception — 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the K-State Student Union's Main Ballroom.
Thursday, April 9
- College of Engineering Graduate Student and Faculty Ice Cream Social — 3-4 p.m. in the Engineering Complex Atrium.
- College of Human Ecology Graduate Students and Faculty Breakfast — 7:30-11:30 a.m. in 166 Justin Hall.
- College of Arts & Sciences Graduate Students, Faculty and Program Directors Cookies and Punch — 4-5 p.m. in the K-State Student Union's Cottonwood Room.
Other activities planned throughout the week:
Selfie Contest: Take selfies in your labs, classes, with your students, etc., during the week and post to Facebook or Twitter with #KStateEnggGrad. College of Engineering GSAC will pick the top three most creative and award prizes the following week.
Why do you love grad school? Stop by the table in the Engineering Complex Atrium Monday-Thursday, noon-1 p.m. to fill out an "Engineering grad school at K-State is great because __________!" and post it to the atrium wall.