Teaching and Learning Center
Welcome to the Teaching & Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) is entering a new phase of activity, purpose, and enthusiasm. The TLC has long been the source for faculty development – through programs designed for improving teaching and the scholarship of teaching and learning, as well as supporting the administration, processing, and guidance for using the TEVAL student evaluation of instruction survey. We will also be continuing with our excellent development opportunities, most notably through our weekly Professional Development Series.
K-State places high value on teaching and learning. It is what separates us from many of our peers. While we recognize the importance of excelling in research and scholarship, faculty at K-State take remarkable pride in their teaching. Students are the lifeblood of the university, and we want to assure that they are fully prepared for the challenges they will face in their future.
So what is the new phase of the TLC? It is each one of us continuously improving our abilities to enhance the learning of our students. That is the K-State way – each day, getting better at what we do. We should all take pride in proclaiming “I teach at K-State.”
What should you look for from the TLC?
- Monthly teaching improvement workshops
- Increased emphasis on:
- Infusing diversity and inclusion concepts into classes
- Engaging students in online classes
- Improving accessibility of course materials
- Assessing student learning
- Bi-weekly newsletter to better communicate with the university community
- Enhanced social media presence via Twitter, Facebook, and our Engage the Sage YouTube channel
- More public recognition of outstanding teachers
- And more!
The staff of the TLC is excited about where we are heading in the coming academic year! We are here to serve the faculty development needs of the university community. Feel free to send us your feedback and thoughts, or to drop in to visit anytime.
Welcome to the new chapter of the TLC!