Our mission for Kansas State University is to strive for excellence in teaching and learning; we support inspired and innovative pedagogy within the classroom and beyond, in research, scholarship, and creative activity, with the goal of enhancing student learning. The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) ensures the quality of educational experience for all our students. TLC collaborates with schools and departments to provide evidence-based and inclusive learning and teaching practices, educational programs and training to their faculty, instructors and Graduate teaching assistants. Anyone who teaches as K-State can take advantage of one-on-one consultations, curricular support, educational programs, and peer-to-peer programs.
Who are we?
We are an integrated team of professionals with expertise in educational development, instructional design, learning technology, educational media, voice and presentation skills, applied research in teaching and learning, rich program offerings and more.
Teaching & Learning Goals for KSU
- Fostering an institutional culture that values and celebrates teaching and learning
- By promoting an environment that embraces experimentation, innovation and risk-taking
- Nurturing a teaching community whose members feel connected and supported in their work
- Building the capacity of individuals and academic units to excel in their teaching roles
- By collaborating with clients and partners to implement teaching and learning–related solutions
- Develop and inspire the next generation of educators (our current graduate students and postdocs) to be excellent teachers, communicators, and leaders.
- Ensure the quality of educational experience for all of our students by vigorously supporting the development and widespread use of teaching expertise and learner-centered approaches in teaching.
- The Center provides tools for evaluating teaching practices from multiple viewpoints, including the voices of the students on assessment of teaching and learning from various courses.
- We value learning environments in which diverse students and instructors can excel and we recognize and support individual differences among learners.