1. K-State home
  2. »Office of Student Life
  3. »Reports and Policies
  4. »Student Complaints and Grievances

Office of Student Life

Office of Student Life
Kansas State University
201 Holton Hall
1101 Mid Campus Dr North
Manhattan, KS 66506

785-532-5307 fax

Absence Verification

Student Complaints and Grievances

In accordance with the U.S. Department of Education Program Integrity Rule, 34 C.F.R. Part 600.9, the Kansas Board of Regents has adopted a process to review and appropriately act on student complaints concerning the six state universities.

If you as a student have a complaint alleging university activity, or a university employee act or omission, that is proscribed by Kansas Board of Regents or Kansas State University institutional policies, Andy Thompson, Associate Dean/Director of Student Life, at stulife@ksu.edu or 532-6432 can help you decide on the appropriate channel for addressing your grievance and help you work toward a resolution.  This process is explained in the university's Policy Regarding Student Complaints.

If after exhausting all available institutional processes a student’s complaint remains unresolved, the student may make a complaint to the Kansas Board of Regent's office, in writing, by completing and submitting a complaint form.

More information on KBOR's policy can be found here.

Students may also make a complaint to the Higher Learning Commission at: https://www.hlcommission.org/Student-Resources/complaints.html