On August 1, 2023 K-State implemented three new policies pertaining to student organizations. Student Support & Accountability addresses behavioral concerns within student organizations and oversees the relevant conduct policy. They work in closely with staff in the Center for Student Involvement, Fraternity & Sorority Life, Rec Services, Student Belonging and Inclusion, and other relevant campus partners to support student organizations and oversee this policy. More information about the policies is included, below, including a reporting form.
- PPM 8540 — Student Organization Recognition Policy.
- The purpose of this policy is to establish the different classifications of student organizations, to define various roles within student organizations, and to provide criteria for organizations to achieve and maintain university recognition.
- PPM 8545 — Student Organization Conduct Code and Process for Discipline.
- This policy provides an outline of expectations and methods of accountability for student organizations and their members.
- Appendix A & B
- Student Organization Conduct Status Reports
- PPM 8550 — Student Amnesty Policy.
- Through this Amnesty Policy, the university empowers students to report alcohol and other drug-related emergencies, sexual harassment, discrimination and other harassment, physical assaults, threatening behavior, incidents of hazing, and similar behavioral concerns by eliminating a potential barrier — concern of being punished for minor conduct infractions.