Edgerley-Franklin Leadership Scholarship
The Edgerley and Franklin families support this scholarship to promote future engagement with the challenges facing communities and families. Applicants should have demonstrated experience in addressing these challenges. Up to five students receive this award annually.
Finalists will be selected by a committee of campus and community leaders and are required to participate in an on-campus interview. The interview and recognition event will include a luncheon and other special activities. Parents and family members are encouraged to attend.
Total award value
Freshman year award
- High school GPA: 3.5 or above (unweighted) and
- Have a strong record of community service and
- Be a high school senior
- Attend K-State in fall 2023 and
- Participate in leadership studies and
- Participate in an on-campus interview and recognition event planned for Friday, Feb. 3, 2023
- Low-income, first-generation students of all racial and ethnic backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply
Renewable for up to three additional years (four years, eight semesters total) at $5,000 with a K-State GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Submit the K-State admission application (if you have not already done so).
- Complete the Edgerley-Franklin Leadership Scholarship application.
- Application and letter of recommendation are due by 5 p.m. CST on Thursday, Dec. 15, 2022.
- Applicants will be updated on their application status in mid-January 2023 following the initial committee review.