Freshman Wildcat Grant
The Freshman Wildcat Grant is an institutionally sponsored gift aid program. This financial aid program is typically awarded to Kansas residents who are new, incoming freshmen for their first year of study.
Eligibility is premised on:
- exceptional financial need.
- availability of funds.
Wildcat Opportunity Grant
- Be a US citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Must have demonstrated need remaining after all other gift aid is applied, including federal, state, other waivers, university scholarships and grant.
- Annual family income of $100,000 or less.
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Complete the FAFSA by the published priority deadline (this must be done every year — put a reminder in your calendar!)
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time (12 credit hours each term (fall/spring) pursuing their first baccalaureate degree.
- Need-based awards vary based on demonstrated need and award availability.
How to apply
To be considered for these financial aid programs, students must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).