Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work
The purpose of Phi Alpha Honor Society is to provide a closer bond among student of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership those who have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work.
An undergraduate student is eligible for active membership after achieving the following national minimum requirements and meeting local chapter requirements:
- Declared Social Work as a Major
- Achieved Sophomore status
- Completed 9 semester hours or 12 quarter hours of required social work courses.
- Top 35% of Social Work Students.
Why Should I Join Phi Alpha?
- Internationally recognized Social Work Honor Society
- Social Work’s largest Honor Society
- Lifetime membership
- Phi Alpha encourages alumni participation
- Involvement provides opportunities for grants, awards, and scholarships
- Members wear distinguished gold cords during the graduation ceremony, displaying an outward symbol of academic excellence and achievement
Phi Alpha Activities:
- Social events
- Informal networking and friendships
- Advocacy presentations
- Host guest speakers
- Encourage academic achievement
How do I get involved in Phi Alpha?
- Come to a meeting or an activity
- Request to be added to the Facebook page: Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work KSU
- Contact the President: Lexi Oden at email@example.com
- Contact the advisor: Sim Jun at firstname.lastname@example.org, or any Phi Alpha officers
Phi Alpha National Honor Society Officers:
|Taya Josenberger||Vice President|
|Jaedn Cooper||Communications Chair|
|Arely Yanez||Fundraising Chair|
|Cole Griffin||Philanthropy Chair|