Admission to Social Work Practice Sequence
Graduating with a degree in social work is a two-step process:
- Declaration of social work major with the College of Arts and Sciences
- Admission to Social Work Practice Sequence
The Social Work Practice Sequence includes upper-level social work courses during the student's last three semesters of college: two semesters of intensive, hands-on coursework and a one-semester field practicum at a social service agency.
Students apply for the practice sequence prior to their last three semesters of coursework.
|When you plan on graduating||When to apply to the practice sequence|
|August or December 2024||March 2023|
|May 2025||October 2023|
|August or December 2025||March 2024|
|May 2026||October 2024|
To be admitted to the social work practice sequence, students must have:
- Taken or be enrolled in SOCWK 100, 315, and 510
- Grade of C or above in all social work courses
- 2.5 overall GPA and 3.0 core social work GPA
- A long-range plan completed with your academic advisor that will allow you to graduate in three semesters upon entering the practice sequence
- Learn more about the social work practice sequence in this short video
- Learn more about the application process in this short video
- Contact your academic advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the social work program coordinator (email@example.com) with additional questions.
To complete your application for the social work practice sequence, please complete the following. References, admission application, and sign-up for admissions interview should all be completed by the end of day on Monday, October 3.
- At this link, sign-up in advance for admissions interviews that are scheduled the week of October 17-19. Interviews will be held via Zoom.
- Email this link directly to two individuals to have them provide a reference for you: https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4YFcToccESJ0GH4
- Appropriate references include former/current employers, non-social work instructors, or supervisor for community service hours. Individuals providing your references should complete the form by Monday, October 3. We recommend you complete this form at least a week in advance to provide them sufficient time. You are responsible for ensuring that references are received by October 3.
- Write a personal statement (see instructions here).
- Complete the Admissions Application at this link. This will require you to be ready to submit your personal statement.