Undue Foreign Influence: Risks and Mitigations Training
How to complete CITI training:
- Click "Register" at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select "Kansas State University" for your Organization Affiliation.
- Enter your name and email address. Use your K-state email as your primary email address. Enter a secondary email address.
- Create your username and password (not case sensitive), then enter optional demographic information.
- CITI offers an option for learners to receive Continuing Education credits for a fee. If you are interested in paying for CE credits, select yes when asked, otherwise, select no.
- After completing all requested information on the next page (contact information, research role, eID, etc.), you will arrive at a page that asks about research activities.
- For Question 17: Undue Foreign Influence: Risks and Mitigations, check the box that reads "Yes."Checking this box will automatically enter you into the Foreign Influence course.
- Click "Submit" and you will be brought to the "Main Menu" which will contain your required courses under "Kansas State University Courses."
- Complete all required modules. Prior to each course, CITI will prompt you to answer whether you’d like to complete a pre-course assessment (optional), and an Integrity Assurance Statement (required).
Previous users (at Kansas State University)
If you have previously been enrolled in CITI at Kansas State University, use the following instructions:
- Login with your username and password (this is CITI-specific and is not your K-State eID/password).
- On the main page, under the header "Institutional Courses," click on the blue box labeled "View Courses" next to Kansas State University.
- If you need to add a new course to complete:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Add a Course."
- Answer "Yes" to Question 17: Undue Foreign Influence: Risks and Mitigations and hit "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- After being routed back to the main page, scroll down to the section entitled "Courses Ready to Begin," select your course, and click the blue box labeled "Start Now."
- If you need to renew a course that is expired:
- Scroll down to the section on our main page labeled "Courses Ready to Begin."
- Find the course that you need to take and click on the blue box labeled "Start Now."
Previous users (at a different institution)
If you have accessed CITI in "demo" mode, or have previously used CITI at another institution, use the following instructions:
- Login with your username and password.
- Once you reach the "Main Menu," select, "Click here to affiliate with another institution," then choose "Kansas State University" for your Organization Affiliation.
- Follow steps 7 through 9 above.
If you have any questions about how to add a course or find a course to take, please feel free to call the University Research Compliance Office at 532-3224.