1. K-State home
  2. »Office of the Registrar
  3. »Students

Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar
118 Anderson Hall
919 Mid-Campus Drive North
Manhattan, KS 66506–0114

Main Line: 785-532-6254

Phone Hours:
 Monday, Wednesday through Friday
 8:00-5:00 pm
 9:00-5:00 pm
E-mail: registrar@k-state.edu 


Walk-in Hours:
 Wildcat One Stop
 119 Anderson Hall
 Monday, Wednesday through Friday
 8:00-5:00 pm
 9:00-5:00 pm

Frequently Asked Questions


Registration/Enrollment: (updated 08/01/21)

Can I change my major?

Yes, students can still make changes to their majors, minors, and certificates.  To change your major, reach out to the dean’s office of your current college for assistance.  For minors and certificates, please reach out to the department that handles the plan for assistance.


When does enrollment start for the next semester?

Enrollment times can be found in the Student Center of your KSIS account and academic advisors are ready and able to work with all students on remote advising options.  Please plan on enrolling in KSIS like normal.  If you are unable to reach your advisor during this time, please reach out to your primary academic department for additional assistance.


What is the difference between dropping a course and withdrawing?

Dropping a Class When you drop a class, it must be done by the add/drop deadline that is published in the Academic Calendar for  that semester. If you follow the drop process appropriately, the course will be removed from your schedule and your tuition will be adjusted and is not reflected on your academic transcript. 

Withdrawal usually means the course remains on the official transcript with a grade of 'W'.

Leaving a class after the drop/add period has ended is considered a Withdrawal. You may withdraw from a course after the add/drop period has ended with no grade penalty, however, you will not be eligible for a tuition refund and must still pay any outstanding balances owed to the college. You will receive a "W" grade for the course when you withdraw.


How do I enroll with holds on my account?

Students should review the Early Enrollment dates and references listed on the Academic Calendar. During this time students will be working with their advisors and may discover they have holds that cannot be resolved from a distance due to not having online payment options available or the inability to return items.