The philosophy department sets learning goals for its students, and then assesses the extent to which students meet those goals. In order fit changes to the major and to reduce cycle time between assessment and changes in pedagogy, in Fall 2015 we constructed new SLOs.
- Here are the new student learning outcomes (SLOs) that the department assesses.
- Here are the philosophy department's AY 2016-2017 assessment results.
- Here are the courses in which each SLO is assessed.
- Here are some examples of the assessment instruments we use to measure SLO achievement.
- Here is the 2017 Undergraduate Assessment of Student Learning Report.