Strategic Initiatives and Development
OEIE works with clients across the nation to develop the evaluation approach and strategies needed for competitive and successful grant proposals. Our Development Team participates in collaborative project development to create an evaluation plan that aligns with the project's goals as well as the requirements and priorities of the Request for Proposal / Solicitation.
Our work transforms groups, conveying individual ownership planning processes.
The multidimensional evaluation plan creates a framework for formative and summative assessment to
- determine progress and provide feedback to improve the project
- assess success in achieving project objectives
- evaluate the outcomes and impacts of the project
We also assist in developing other elements of the proposal related to evaluation, including a project logic model which conceptually links the project goals, inputs, activities, outputs, and anticipated outcomes.
Strategic Initiatives and Strategic Doing
OEIE utilizes Strategic Doing with groups to quickly create meaningful collaborations to address complex challenges. With a Certified Workshop Leader and a number of staff trained in the method, we foster an environment of innovation and custom-made solutions.
Current and past Strategic Doing projects:
- Retooled staffing patterns to meet future needs
- Promotional ideas and strategies
- A training ladder proposal
- Staff asset profile
- Linking researchers across colleges to respond to RFPs
- Creating a cross-disciplinary response to a new RFP offering
- Information Technology Tactical Session
- K-State's cross-college research group, using Strategic Doing to encourage collaboration and create new research projects
The office has extensive experience with a broad spectrum of major federal funding programs, including grant programs by the
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of Labor
- United States Agency for International Development
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of State
Please contact us if you are interested in collaborating on future proposals or for more information.