RECEIVING GI BILL® EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS
- Apply for GI Bill® Certificate of Eligibility (go to ebenefits.va.gov/)
- Fill out Veteran Information Sheet:
- Undergrad students are required to have their advisor signature
- Veteran Information Sheet must be filled out every semester to receive benefits
- Once completed, turn in your Veteran Information Sheet to the Office of Veterans Affairs, located at 221 Anderson Hall
- To check on the status of your Education Benefits, please call the Regional VA Office: 1 (888) 442-4551
Video: How To GI Bill®
NOTE: If you have previously attended another institution using your benefit, you will have to fill out VA FORM 22-1995 to make Kansas State University your current, primary institution.
TUITION ASSISTANCE (TA)
What is TA?
The Tuition Assistance program allows current service members to obtain financial support applied to tuition costs. Service members should create an account at the appropriate website and work through their service education offices.
Please contact the Military Student Services Coordinator at MilitaryTA@KSU.edu for tuition assistance support.
Air Force: www.AFVEC.us.af.mil
Kansas National Guard: www.KansasRegents.org/scholarships_and_grants
VOC REHAB BENEFITS
What is VR&E (Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment)?
The VR&E program assists Veterans and Service members with service-connected disabilities and/or employment handicap prepare for (education), find, and keep suitable jobs. It is authorized by Congress under Title 38 of the United States Code, Chapter 31. It is sometimes referred to as theChapter 31 program.
- Honorably Discharged
- Have a service-connected disability rating of at least 10% from the VA
- Filled out an application for VR&E Services