Choral Graduate Program
K-States graduate choral conducting program is one of America's premier programs. Led by Dr. Joshua Oppenheim and Dr. Julie Yu Co-Directors of Choral Studies, the program consists of practical and academic studies leading to the development of musical skills crucial to the success of the next generation of American choral conductors.
Graduate choral conducting students are afforded annual opportunities to learn from leaders in the choral art from around the globe with numerous workshops and visiting artists. Students have multiple conducting, teaching, and leadership opportunities designed to prepare them for continued excellence in teaching or preparation for a D.M.A. or Ph.D.
Choral Graduate Assistantship
Graduate Assistantships offer a tuition waiver of 10 credits per semester for two years and an annual stipend.
- The assistantship is a .5 position (the remaining .5 is your own academic load), which qualifies you for university health insurance at special rates.
- The job requires approximately 20 hours of work each week (which includes time for instructional preparation).
- In addition to a salary of approximately $12,000, you will receive a tuition waiver for 10 credit hours during both the fall and spring semesters. (Summer courses are not included).
- Student Services Fees will be assessed per credit hour and range from a total of $500 to $850 per semester.
- The assistantship is automatically renewed for a second year if your academic and work performance is satisfactory.]
These are competitive assistantships with a deadline for completed applications being February 1. As soon as the application is complete, you will be considered in the pool for assistantship.
To apply, contact the Choral Office at email@example.com