LEAD 212 Class Leaders
LEAD 212 Class Leaders are students who help teach the large lecture sections of LEAD 212 - Introduction to Leadership Concepts. LEAD 212 Class Leaders are asked to facilitate small group discussions, lead active-learning exercises, create a learning community with their students and perform administrative functions (such as grading, attendance, etc). These students serve as a bridge between students and instructors - they are motivated to help students learn the academic discipline of leadership and adjust to the K-State campus community.
Applications for fall 2020 Class Leaders are due by noon Monday, Jan. 27.
The minimum qualifications for LEAD 212 Class Leaders are:
• Good academic (minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA) and disciplinary standing.
• Will be in at least their third year of college (based on years in college, not credit hours).
• Understand and believe in the mission of the Staley School of Leadership Studies.
• Have previously taken a LEAD 212 or equivalent introduction to leadership course; and have taken/currently enrolled in LEAD 350.
• Exhibit responsibility, positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, team orientation, high energy level, and strong communication skills.
• Relate well with students and faculty.
• Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
• Demonstrate a desire to learn about leadership.
• Demonstrate willingness to develop self-awareness and teamwork, planning, and facilitation skills.
• Available for four training seminars in the spring (two hours per session), serving with the Flint Hills Breadbasket (approximately two hours), individual summer prep work (approximately 8-10 hours), Fall Retreat (approximately eight hours).
• Able to commit approximately hours per week fall 2020 for class time, class prep, grading, and individual meetings, etc.
For questions about LEAD 212 Class Leaders, please contact Amanda Cebula at firstname.lastname@example.org.