LEAD 212 Class Leaders
LEAD 212 Class Leaders are students who help teach the large lecture sections of LEAD 212 - Introduction to Leadership Concepts. LEAD 212 Class Leaders are asked to facilitate small group discussions, lead active-learning exercises, create a learning community with their students and perform administrative functions (such as grading, attendance, etc). These students serve as a bridge between students and instructors - they are motivated to help first semester freshmen learn the academic discipline of leadership and adjust to the K-State campus community.
Applications for 212 Class Leaders are currently not being accepted.
The minimum qualifications for LEAD 212 Class Leaders are:
- Good academic (minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA) and disciplinary standing.
- Will be in at least their third year of college (based on years in college, not credit hours).
- Understand and believe in the mission of the Staley School of Leadership Studies.
- Have previously taken a LEAD 212 or equivalent introduction to leadership course; and have taken/currently enrolled in LEAD 350.
- Exhibit responsibility, positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, team orientation, high energy level, and strong communication skills.
- Relate well with students and faculty.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about leadership.
- Demonstrate willingness to develop self-awareness and teamwork, planning, and facilitation skills.
For questions about LEAD 212 Class Leaders, please contact: