LEAD 212 Class Leaders
LEAD 212 Class Leaders are students who help teach the large lecture sections of LEAD 212 - Introduction to Leadership Concepts. LEAD 212 Class Leaders are asked to facilitate small group discussions, lead active-learning exercises, create a learning community with their students and perform administrative functions (such as grading, attendance, etc). These students serve as a bridge between students and instructors - they are motivated to help first semester freshmen learn the academic discipline of leadership and adjust to the K-State campus community.
Applications for fall 2020 Class Leaders are due Monday, Jan. 27.
The minimum qualifications for LEAD 212 Class Leaders are:
• Good academic (minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA) and disciplinary standing.
• Will be in at least their third year of college (based on years in college, not credit hours).
• Understand and believe in the mission of the Staley School of Leadership Studies.
• Have previously taken a LEAD 212 or equivalent introduction to leadership course; and have taken/currently enrolled in LEAD 350.
• Exhibit responsibility, positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, team orientation, high energy level, and strong communication skills.
• Relate well with students and faculty.
• Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
• Demonstrate a desire to learn about leadership.
• Demonstrate willingness to develop self-awareness and teamwork, planning, and facilitation skills.
• Available for four training seminars in the spring (two hours per session), serving with the Flint Hills Breadbasket (approximately two hours), individual summer prep work (approximately 8-10 hours), Fall Retreat (approximately eight hours).
• Able to commit approximately hours per week fall 2019 for class time, class prep, grading, and individual meetings, etc.
For questions about LEAD 212 Class Leaders, please contact: Tamara Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.