Tim Steffensmeier, Ph.D.
- Director, K-State Office of engagement
- Director, Third Floor Research a partnership with the Kansas Leadership Center
- Director of the Office of Engagement
- The K-State Office of Engagement assists Kansans and communities beyond to access the resources and expertise of our land-grant University. We work to maximize the investment Kansans have made in higher education.
-Connect K-State’s expertise to the needs of Kansas by partnering with communities, businesses, and organizations
-Coordinate and promote engaged scholarly activities across the university
-Communicate the relevance and impact of this work to Kansans and beyond
- Director of Third Floor Research
- Founding director of an international research initiative that fosters innovation in the exercise and development of leadership in a rapidly changing world. Third Floor Research is a partnership between the Kansas Leadership and the Staley School of Leadership at Kansas State University.
My teaching has evolved through three phases:
- Delivering engaging content and creating discussion to learn new ideas
- Fostering deliberation and co-ownership of knowledge
- Using real-time interactions and dynamics in the room for experiential learning
Beyond teaching graduate students at K-State, I teach thousands of adults on leading change at the Kansas Leadership Center. This includes international experience, most recently, working on leadership development in Senegal, Japan, Australia and Myanmar.
- Leadership communication doctoral program faculty, LEAD 814: Graduate Studies in Leadership Communication