September 10, 2019
Black Faculty and Staff Alliance fall meeting schedule
Welcome back! As the semester begins, the Black Faculty and Staff Alliance shares its upcoming events and meeting schedule.
The BFSA Welcome Back Social will be at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12, and take place at the Douglass Center Annex, 901 Yuma St. This is an opportunity to reconnect with friends and colleagues as well as meet new people within the campus and community.
Following our welcome event, we plan to meet regularly to talk about important issues related to our general body. The meeting schedule for the remainder of the semester is listed below:
- General Body Meeting, 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2, in 301 Calvin Hall.
- Meeting with K-State Provost, 11 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 14, in the K-State Student Union Bluemont Room.
- General Body Meeting, 2 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20, in 301 Calvin Hall.
- Morning Mixer, 7:30 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, in the K-State Student Union Cottonwood Room.
The purpose of the Black Faculty and Staff Alliance is to bring together individuals who have an active interest in promoting racial equity at Kansas State University. The alliance is also interested in furthering the success of black faculty, staff, graduate students and postdoctoral researchers. We welcome all in our campus and community who are interested in our mission.
The Black Faculty and Staff Alliance was founded in the early 1980s with the purpose of providing a voice for the university's Black faculty and staff and began as an advisory organization to the university president.
We would also like to introduce the leadership team for the 2019-2020 year:
- Chair, Brenee King.
- Chair-elect, vacant.
- Recording secretary, Sammie Hillstock.
- Corresponding secretary, Monshonda Booker.
- Treasurer, Lorenza Lockett.
- Parliamentarian, Kathleen Greene.
- Past chair, Jessica Elmore.
- Programs and events committee, vacant.
If you are interested in serving on the BFSA leadership team, please contact Brenee King at firstname.lastname@example.org.