Information Technology Services (ITS) is focused on providing services for students, faculty and staff, and rethinking our way forward. The fire on the roof of Hale, damaged the K-State IT infrastructure, totaled the iTAC area and displaced about 100 ITS students and full time employees, and energized us to rethink the way we do business.
Thank you to our campus partners for their continued support. Please provide feedback on the IT Strategic Plan as we build the next generation infrastructure and user services. Together we can build something truly amazing.
Current ITS projects include finalizing the IT Strategic Plan, reorganizing Information Technology Services, migrating the data center, and moving forward with our Cloud First strategy and the following:
Data Center Operations
- Search for "On-Prem" location for the data center is underway
- Continue planning for the Cloud First strategy
Improve and update services has always been important in ITS. We are updating the processes used to evaluate and deliver services to the K-State community. This may result in changes to existing services, elimination of some services, and the addition of new services. IT Strategic Plan is being finalized. Listening sessions are underway.
- Convene CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) Task Force
- Continue Duo two-factor authentication enrollment
- Evaluate antivirus solutions
- Provide Sharefile secure file upload to Financial Aid
- Send Cybersecurity training to students in February
- Survey IT staff using Skills Frame for the Information Age (SFIA)