Equipment checkout for K-Staters
214 Hale Library (next to IT Help Desk)
- Fall and spring semesters
- Checkouts and returns: 9 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Office is open 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Summer semester and holiday breaks
- Checkouts and returns: 9 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Office is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Make a reservation
Multimedia equipment can be checked out by current K-State students, faculty, and staff at no charge.
A current K-State ID card is required to verify identity.
This free service is provided by the Information Technology Assistance Center.
What do you want to find?
- Checkout time limit is three days. (Extensions may be possible.)
- Equipment must be returned by noon on the due date.
- Patrons must provide their own recording media.
- For equipment reservations, call 785-532-4918 or email email@example.com.
- Show a current K-State ID card when picking up equipment.
- Provide your K-State email address (for notifications).
- Provide a working telephone number.
- Sign the checkout policy agreement form at the time of checkout.
Late fees and damages
- Late fees are charged at a rate of $1.00 per hour per equipment item.
- Damaged or missing accessories will be charged to the patron at replacement cost.
- An immediate hold is put on any K-State student account with late fees or damages exceeding $25.
- Equipment links in tables below go to an overview, a photo, and the manufacturer's owner manual when available.
(Note: Equipment names match the iTAC inventory system, not the manufacturer's listing.)
- Manuals are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader software for viewing.
Video and photo equipment
HD Hard Drive,
Vixia Type A,
Vixia Type B,
|Digital still cameras
|Microphones & adapters
- Camera mics:
Directional stereo mic,
RODE boom mic,
RODE shotgun mic
- Camera wireless mics:
Canon wireless mic for handhelds,
Canon wireless mic for XLRS/XHA1,
Canon double wireless for XLRS/XHA1,
Freeway wireless mic,
xTag wireless mic
- Computer mics:
Audiotechnica desktop mic,
Snoball desktop mic
- Handheld mics:
- Mic adapters:
Canon dual mic adapter,
Media Development Center resources
The Media Development Center, 213 Hale Library, provides assistance, equipment tutorials, and additional resources for K-Staters.
- Audio equipment: Sound booth (only for academic projects)
- CD/DVD burners
- Closed Caption TV (CCTV) Print Magnification System (for people who are visually impaired)
- Color printer
- Scanners: Flatbed scanners, slides/negatives scanner, large-format scanner, multi-feed scanner (paper-to-PDF)
- Video-editing equipment and software