K-State eID and Password
All K-State employees, students, and those needing access to university computing systems are required to have an eID. Your eID is your K-State user name and becomes part of your K-State email, is used to enroll in classes, access Canvas, view online paychecks, and much more.
With your eID, you can also manage your eProfile to change your password, turn email forwarding on, sign up for K-State Alerts emergency messages and phone calls, and more.
Your eID's security is your responsibility. Keep your eID password private. K-State policy prohibits using someone else's eID or sharing passwords. Your eID password does not expire. You do not need to change your password unless the password becomes compromised.
eID Password Standards
Your eID password must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 15 to a maximum of 100 characters in length
- Must be significantly different from previous passwords
- May contain spaces but cannot start or end with a space
- Cannot be a single dictionary word
- Cannot be repetitive or sequential (e.g. ‘aaaaaaaaa,’’12345abcd’)
- Cannot be your name, username, K-State term, or name of a service
- Cannot use a previously compromised password
Having trouble coming up with 15 characters?
Consider a sentence or phrase that is meaningful to you such as, "Maryhadalittlelamb?" or "I love cheese pizza".