1. K-State home
  2. »Human Capital Services
  3. »Your Work Life
  4. »Pay
  5. »Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement

Human Capital Services

Human Capital Services
Kansas State University
103 Edwards Hall
1810 Kerr Drive
Manhattan, KS 66506-4801


785-532-6095 fax
email: hr@ksu.edu 

HCS Contact Form

Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement

Form W-2 is an annual summary issued by employers prior to February 1 each year. It lists the employee's taxable income and the amount and type of taxes that were withheld from paychecks during the calendar year just ended. The explanation for amounts found in each box of the W-2 (Excel) is provided by the Kansas Department of Administration, Division of Accounts and Reports. 

Employees have the option to receive W-2 forms electronically in early January through State of Kansas Employee Self Service, or in paper form mailed in late January to the employee's home address. The State of Kansas W-2 combines the income information from all State of Kansas sources, whether multiple departments of the university or other state agencies.

K-State Athletics, Inc, the K-State Student Union and Student Publications employees have the option to access their W-2 through Employee Self Service in HRIS, or have it mailed in late January to the employee's home address. To request a duplicate W-2, employees of these organizations need to contact HCS.

Kansas State University is not responsible for a W-2 form being delayed or lost in the mail. Employees may update their W-2 mailing address using Employee Self Service in HRIS.

If you have not received  a W-2 form by February 1 and believe it is lost, please follow the procedures below:

If you are a current employee:

Current employees, or those who retired or terminated have access to State of Kansas Employee Self Service to print or request duplicate W-2's for 18 months following their date of separation.

  • Using Internet Explorer, log in to the Employee Self Service Center https://sharp.ks.gov/
  • You will need your Employee ID. You can find your 11 character Employee ID at the top of the view paycheck page on Employee Self Service in HRIS.  For most KSU employees it will start with a "W". The first character in your Employee ID must be capitalized and then followed by zeroes making a total of 11 characters. New users that have never logged in will need to call the Help Desk toll free at 1-866-999-3001 to get your password.  For returning users, click on the "Forgot Your Password" link and follow the directions to get a temporary password.
  • Once you have your temporary password, enter your Employee ID and the password.
  • You will then be prompted to change your password. The new password has to be 8 to 12 characters long with a number and a special character included. The special characters you can use are: !#$%^&*()_=+\[];:{}/?<>
  • Click "OK"

For K-State Athletics, Inc, the K-State Student Union and Student Publications employees, to request a duplicate W-2, please contact HCS.

To print your W-2 right now (available for 2009-2015):
  • Click on Main Menu for a list of Self Service Options
  • Click on "View W-2/W-2c Forms" - this is the last option in the list
  • If you have not consented to receive electronic forms, you will need to click the checkbox then "Submit" to give consent to receive electronic W-2 form
  • Security will require you to re-enter your password to verify your identity
  • Click OK on the Submit Confirmation page
  • Click "Return to Year End Form Selection"
  • Click on "Year End Form" on the year that you need, and the form will begin to open
  • Your form can be printed on 8 1/2" x 11" paper
  • When you are done, click on "Sign Out" at the top of the page.
To request a duplicate W-2 to be printed and mailed to you (available for 2009-2015):
  • Click on "Request W-2 Reissue"
  • Make any corrections to your address. Your W-2 will be mailed to this address.
  • Select the year you need.
  • Click on "Submit"
  • When you are done, click on "Sign Out" at the top of the page.         
If you are not a current employee:

Employees who retired or terminated from State service have access to State of Kansas Employee Self Service to request duplicate W-2's for 18 months following their date of separation.  Employees who do not meet this requirement may contact Human Capital Services, a duplicate W-2 form will take a minimum of two weeks to arrive.