Compensation and Organizational Effectiveness reviews working, or business, titles to ensure they reasonably reflect the job duties, responsibilities and level of the position.
Working titles may be used to:
- Provide a more specific description of the function or work performed.
- Better facilitate business communications.
- Align with professional/industry practice.
Working titles should not:
- Use elements of another official K-State job title.
- Misrepresent the level of authority or responsibility of the position.
Compensation and Organizational Effectiveness reserves the right to deny a working title that does not follow these guidelines.
View the Guidelines for Managing Staff Pay online training to learn more about using pay ranges, working titles and when to request a position reclassification. Resources and tools presented in this training are made available for download.
View the compensation methodology video to learn about how job titles and pay are determined at K-State.