1. K-State home
  2. »Arts and Sciences
  3. »Gender, Women and Sexuality Studies Department
  4. »Study Abroad

Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies Department

Education Abroad


Education abroad is a natural option for majors and minors in Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies, who can benefit from a variety of courses in international feminisms, cultural studies, and the humanities.  The Department recommends that you go abroad during the fall term of your junior year; the spring term of your senior year, summers, or intersessions.


Give back to the world! Teach English in China, assist a women's shelter in Morocco, or help preserve native species in Costa Rica through a service-learning program, or join an International Service Team (IST) with the School of Leadership Studies, which will allow you to participate on a service project involving issues like health, education, the environment, and youth development during an eight to ten weeks stay abroad. Contact the Education Abroad Office for more information about service abroad.


  • Education Abroad ScholarshipsThis list will show all scholarships. Click on the name of the scholarship to view additional details including how to apply and eligibility requirements.
  • KSU Academic Colleges and Departments. Several department and colleges at KSU offer education abroad scholarships for their students. Contact the College or Departments directly for additional details.
  • Program Providers. Most of the program providers, or 3rd party providers, Education Abroad is affiliated with offer scholarships to students who go on their programs. A few of these organizations even give KSU Education Abroad scholarship money to award exclusively to KSU students who go on their programs!
  • National. There are many nationally competitive education abroad scholarships with a variety of different requirements. Some national scholarships are based on academic merit, financial need, academic major, foreign language study, non-traditional location, etc. For more information about nationally competitive scholarships, contact:  Jim Hohnebary (jimsmith@ksu.edu) Program Director - Office of the Vice Provost of Undergraduate Studies, 215 Fairchild Hall, (785) 532-3422.
  • Other. If you are really motivated, you can do some research on your own. Try contacting large banks or insurance companies and ask if they offer education abroad scholarships. You can also check with any professional organizations you may be affiliated with, fraternities or sororities, local governments, churches, or others organizations may offer education abroad scholarships as well.
  • Tips For Submitting a Great Application


Hirakata City, Japan
Kansai Gaidai University
Hirakata City is located in the Osaka region, which is the second largest business metropolis in Japan. In addition to Japaneses language classes for all levels, students can take courses taught in English while studying Gender Studies along with Asian studies.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Universidad de Belgrado, ISA (this is not an exchange program, but is offered by one of our affiliate partners ISA)
Home of the first female president in the world, Argentina has a rich history of women's roles in politics and society. Outside of Buenos Aures in the residential neighborhood of Belrano, this urban campus offers Latin American Studies and Social Sciences courses taught in English and Spanish, as well as Spanish language courses.

Melbourne, Australia
Deakin University
Deakin University offers a full complement of specialized and general education courses, making this a good fit for most majors. Set in Melbourne, Australia's second largest city and rated one of the world's most livable cities, the campus allows easy access to beaches and many of the country's cultural institutions.

Hatfield, United Kingdom
University of Hertfordshire
Just 30 minutes from London, the University of Hertfordshire gives you the best of both worlds. You'll live in a small university town with pubs, cinemas, and shopping centers, but have easy access to the bustle of London. Coursework includes classes like the Politics of Gender, Feminist Philosophy, Gender in Language & Communication, and more.


Contact an Education Abroad Advisor

If you have questions, make an appointment with Amanda Singleton, the Education Abroad Advisor for Arts & Sciences.  You may call the Education Abroad Office at (785) 532-5990 or email  overseas@k-state.edu.  Education Abroad

Contact Your Academic Advisor

Make an appointment with your academic advisor to discuss coursework. Be prepared to share specific course descriptions with your academic advisor in order to complete an Academic Approval Form.