Refunds deposited via Electronic Funds Transfer, or EFT, are the quickest and safest way to receive money due to you.
EFT refunds are processed daily based on Student Account activity. The university does not accept prepayment or hold payments; therefore, a refund is processed if there is a credit balance (the university owes the student). EFT refunds typically take 2-3 days from the time Cashiers and Student Accounts process a refund until the money appears in your account. The university has no control over the funds are available to you after it has been submitted to your bank. Always verify the funds have been credited to your account before initiating transactions against the deposit.
Step-by-Step Guide to Signing up for Direct Deposit
Please note: Be sure to use your bank routing and account number. Do not use a debit card number.
1. Log into KSIS with your eID and password.
2. On the KSIS Student Homepage, click Financial Account.
3. Select Payment/Direct Deposit on the left side of the page.
4. Click the Direct Deposit/EFT link below the Transactions list.
5. Scroll down and select Sign up to enroll in direct deposit.
6. If you already have Direct Deposit set up and want to edit your information, skip step 5, click My Account in the top left corner, then select the pencil icon for direct deposit refunds.
7. After selecting Sign Up for new Direct Deposit enrollment, please read the terms and conditions, check the box and enter your name as directed in the field at the bottom.
8. To complete your enrollment, enter your banking information in the required fields. You will receive a confirmation of completion to your KSU email.