Central Mail Services
127 Dykstra Hall
1628 Claflin Road
Manhattan, KS 66506-0903
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm
Mail Processing Hours
8:00am to 3:30pm
Outgoing mail must be brought to Central Mail Services before 3:00pm. Mail accepted after that time will be processed the following work day.
Central Mail Services is responsible for providing year-round mail service for all departments at Kansas State University. Services include: pickup, sorting and delivery of interdepartmental and federal mail, applying postage and shipping labels for letters and packages on outgoing mail via the following vendors; the United States Postal Service (USPS), United Parcel Service (UPS), FedEx, and DHL for international mail. Central Mail also has an Address Management Unit which offers assistance with change of addresses and forwarding of department mail.
Central Mail Services provides a courtesy pick up of already stamped mail. Personal mail, such as bills, birthday cards and letters that you have personally purchased stamps for and placed on the mail piece, are eligible for this courtesy pickup which occurs during the regularly scheduled mail runs at 9:00 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Central Mail Services manages and provides a USPS Contract Post Office for the personal mailing needs of all faculty, staff, students and community. It is located on the west end of Dykstra Hall. For more information please visit our web site. KSU Contract Post Office
Campus Mail Delivery
Facilities Central Mail Services conducts one campus mail run each day, beginning at 9:00 a.m. To ensure that your outgoing mail is processed in the timeliest manner, please have it deposited at your building's mail box before 9:00 a.m. If you have a large mailing, please call Central Mail at 532-7751 for a special pick-up.
Campus mail boxes have three designated mail slots. Placing your mail in the correct mail slot ensures that it will be processed efficiently and accurately.
- Campus Mail - (Mail for delivery on campus, Salina campus or Topeka state offices.)
- Please mark mail pieces "Topeka or Salina Campus Mail". This mail is sent to Salina or Topeka through UPS daily by Central Mail Services. Mail for Topeka or Salina that is dropped in the metered mail slot will be charged the postage for that mail piece.
- Metered Mail - (Mail from university departments that requires postage.)
- All metered mail needs to have a meter code typed or written under the department's return address. If no postage meter number is provided and Central Mail Services is uncertain which number to charge, the mail piece will be returned to you. A Central Mail Services Information Sheet is required for all packages over 13 ounces. A package is classified as anything that is not in an envelope. This includes FedEx, UPS and International Mail.
- Stamped Mail - (This is departmental or personal mail that already has postage applied.)
- This is a courtesy pick up of mail pieces that already have stamps affixed.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please call 785-532-7751 or e-mail email@example.com.
Central Mail/Contract Postal Unit Supervisor
Mail Center Address Services
Contract Postal Unit