The English Language Program (ELP) is able to provide interviews for English proficiency in support of J-1 visiting scholars and researchers at Kansas State University. Please follow the steps below:
- Complete this form (doc). Email the form and a scanned copy of the J-1 candidate's passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with J Scholar Interview in the subject line.
- The ELP will work with the candidate to set up possible interview times.
- Once the time of the interview has been set up, directions for the interview preparation and login will be emailed to the candidate. The interview will be recorded using Zoom. If the sponsoring department would like to be included in the interview, this can be arranged. Access to the recording can also be granted after the interview.
- Once the interview is complete, the ELP will send a copy of the scoring rubric to the sponsoring department and to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS). The ELP will retain a complete file on each candidate for potential future documentation questions.
- The candidate will be emailed with the outcome of the interview and information on who will contact him / her for the next steps of the process.