Student vaccination incentive program
Kansas State University students can win prizes by getting vaccinated against COVID-19.
Qualify for prizes
K-State will hold weekly prize drawings for vaccinated students. Any current or incoming student who was vaccinated at Lafene Health Center at any time will automatically be entered for prizes.
Students who were vaccinated somewhere other than Lafene Health Center can voluntarily submit a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination cards or other written documentation. Log in to your myLafene+ patient portal and upload your immunization record(s).
Weekly prize drawings
Every Friday from Aug. 13 through Oct. 8, the university will draw names of six students who have been vaccinated and are registered at Lafene Health Center. Weekly winners will be notified by K-State email and have seven days to claim the prize.
The following prizes will be available each week.
One student will win their choice of one Level 1 Prize:
- Apple Watch Series 6.
- 128GB iPad 8th Generation.
- 32GB iPad 8th Generation w/ Pencil.
- Nintendo Switch - Animal Crossing.
- Union Book Store Gift Card.
- Xbox Series S.
- Garmin Forerunner 645.
One student will win their choice of one Level 2 Prize:
- Apple AirPods Pro.
- Nintendo Switch Light.
- Gillette Heated Razor Starter Kit.
- Hudora 230 Adult Scooter.
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 Instant Camera w/ 120-pack.
- JBL Charge 4 w/ case.
- FOREO LUNA 3 Cleansing and Firming Massage Brush.
- Garmin Venue Sq GPS Smartwatch.
One student will win their choice of one Level 3 Prize:
- JBL Live 650BTNC Noise Cancelling Headphones.
- Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker with 40-pack.
- Amazon Fire HD8 Tablet.
- Casper Glow Light.
- Locked Manhattan Experience for 4.
- JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker.
- Black and Decker Microwave.
One student will win their choice of one Level 4 Prize:
- Closca Collapsible Helmet.
- Spikeball Game Set.
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 Camera Bundle.
- FOREO LUNA play plus 2 compact facial cleansing massager.
- Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5300 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush.
- Quility Weighted Blanket.
- $60 JP's Gift Card.
One student will win their choice of one Level 5 Prize:
- Roku Streaming Stick+.
- Lepro Smart Table Lamp.
- Hydroflask Water Bottle (32 oz.).
- $40 JP's Gift Card.
One student will win their choice of one Level 6 Prize:
- Anker PowerCore+ Mini Portable Charger.
- InnoGear Essential Oil Diffuser.
- Iron Flask Sports Water Bottle.
- YETI Rambler 14 oz. Mug.
Grand prize drawing
On Oct. 15, the university will draw the name of one student who will receive a grand prize. Every student who has been vaccinated at Lafene Health Center or submitted their proof of vaccination will be entered for the grand prize, even if they have won a previous prize.
The grand prize winner will win their choice of one of the following prizes:
- Sony PlayStation 5.
- Macbook Air.
- $1,000 cash.
Eligibility and other notes
- Students must have received at least one dose of the vaccine by the close of business on the day prior to the drawing.
- Students who were not vaccinated at Lafene Health Center must register through the myLAFENE+ Patient Portal and provide documentation of their vaccination.
- K-State students must be enrolled for at least one course for the fall 2021 semester on the close of business on the day prior to the drawing. For grand prizes, students must still be enrolled for at least one course on October 18, 2021.
- Students awarded a weekly prize are not eligible for additional weekly prizes.
- Students who are also a benefit-eligible employee of Kansas State University are not eligible.
- If a student accepts the cash prize in lieu of the grand prize, it will first apply to any outstanding balance of their student account prior to the remaining balance being distributed.
- Anyone who receives any prize will be required to complete a W-9 form, will receive an IRS 1099 form and will be responsible for the taxes on the gift.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- Students who accept a prize agree to allow their name and/or likeness to be used to publicly announce their prize status.
- Prizes may be subject to certain date restrictions.
- All prizes must be claimed by Oct. 29, 2021.
- No purchase necessary.
- COVID-19 vaccines are available through Lafene Health Center and other providers at no cost.
- Students should review the potential side effects and other safety risks associated with receiving a COVID-19 vaccine published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and/or consult with their medical provider when deciding whether to be vaccinated.