Effective Aug. 1, 2021.
Prerequisites for advancing to Phaseout
- Vaccine available or therapeutic options that can be used for preventive or treatment indications and that have a measurable impact on disease activity and can help rescue very sick patients.
- State of Kansas continues to lift "safer at home" orders.
- Local indicators of infection spread show stable or decreasing community transmission.
- Clusters of cases are promptly identified and contained and do not spread to the community.
- Health care and public health systems can cope with the volume of current and potential cases.
Criteria in Phaseout
- The university reverts to pre-pandemic operations while continuing a few health and safety protocols.
- Employees return to campus to support the in-person experience we are offering.
- The academic calendar returns to a more traditional structure.
- A majority of classes return to in-person/hybrid.
- Physical distancing requirements are removed and the university returns to pre-pandemic room capacities and in-person experiences and gatherings.
- Residence halls are at regular capacity and dining center restrictions are lifted.
- Travel restrictions are lifted.