Reopening Phase 3
Began June 8, 2020.
Prerequisites for advancing to phase 3
- State of Kansas continues to lift "safer at home" orders.
- Local indicators of infection spread show stable or decreasing community transmission.
- Clusters of cases are promptly identified, contained and do not spread to the community.
- Health care and public health systems can cope with the volume of current and potential cases.
Criteria in Phase 3
Physical distancing remains necessary. Please continue to follow CDC guidelines.
Maintaining at least six-foot physical distancing from every other person present at a location.
Washing hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible, or using hand sanitizer.
Covering coughs or sneezes — cough into the sleeve or elbow, not into the hands.
Regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces.
Avoid shaking hands.
- Mass gatherings are limited to 50 or fewer individuals.
- High-risk individuals restrict activities as much as possible.
Students, faculty, staff and visitors must wear face coverings over their mouths and noses while on K-State campuses in all hallways, public spaces, classrooms and other common areas of campus buildings. Face coverings must also be properly worn when in offices or other work spaces or outdoor settings when 6-feet physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- All employees must take the Come Back 'Cats — Reopening Kansas State University training. Student training will be coming soon.
- Employees are encouraged to work remotely as much as possible.
- Employees, students and visitors should self-assess their symptoms and should not come to campus if they are sick, have a temperature over 100.4 degrees F, or have other illness symptoms of the coronavirus as listed on the CDC website.
- Employees, students and visitors should follow specific guidance if they have:
- Tested positive for COVID-19.
- A sick family member or roommate at home with COVID-19.
- Been in close contact with another person who has COVID-19.
- Been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results.
- Recently traveled outside of Kansas.