Reopening Phase 3
Began June 8, 2020.
Prerequisites for advancing to phase 3
- State of Kansas continues to lift "safer at home" orders.
- Local indicators of infection spread show stable or decreasing community transmission.
- Clusters of cases are promptly identified, contained and do not spread to the community.
- Health care and public health systems can cope with the volume of current and potential cases.
Criteria in Phase 3
Follow the university's physical distancing requirements.
Washing hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible, or using hand sanitizer.
mask coughs or sneezes — cough into the sleeve or elbow, not into the hands.
Regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces.
Avoid shaking hands.
- Mass gatherings are limited to 50 or fewer individuals.
- High-risk individuals restrict activities as much as possible.
Follow the university's face mask policy.
- Employees are encouraged to work remotely as much as possible.
- Employees, students and visitors should self-assess their symptoms and should not come to campus if they are sick, have a temperature over 100.4 degrees F, or have other illness symptoms of the coronavirus as listed on the CDC website.
- Employees, students and visitors should follow specific guidance if they have:
- Tested positive for COVID-19.
- A sick family member or roommate at home with COVID-19.
- Been in close contact with another person who has COVID-19.
- Been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results.
- Recently traveled outside of Kansas.