COVID-19 | Preparations for the Polytechnic Campus
In conjunction with university communication regarding COVID-19, below is information specific to the K-State Polytechnic Campus.
- The City of Salina requires masks or other face coverings. Read the City of Salina ordinance on masks and face coverings.
- To help protect the K-State community, all students, faculty, staff and visitors are required to wear face coverings.
- A K-State team is developing classroom recommendations for the fall 2020 semester.
- K-State has a revised plan to celebrate spring, summer and fall 2020 graduates in combined ceremonies on Nov. 20 for the Polytechnic campus and Nov. 23 and 24 for the Manhattan campus.
- Employees experiencing financial hardships because of COVID-19 furloughs may apply for grant funds up to $700 through the #KStateStrong Emergency Response Fund.
- In-person classes will resume for the fall 2020 semester. K-State is moving the semester start date up a week to Monday, Aug. 17, and is making other adjustments to the academic calendar.
OUTREACH AND TRAINING COURSES
The K-State Polytechnic Testing Center will resume limited operations throughout the summer, providing proctoring for FAA computerized knowledge exams only. Inquiries about proctoring options, including FAA computerized knowledge exams, can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional development courses, including UAS training, have been postponed through July 31, 2020. Please contact email@example.com for inquiries.
Certified Inspector Training (CIT) courses will be suspended effective March 17, 2020 until further notice. Please check the CIT website for the most up-to-date information. Participants registered for courses will receive email notifications.
K-State Polytechnic courses held at Ft. Riley have been postponed until further notice. Students should check their @k-state.edu address for any further updates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.
CAMPUS VISITS AND EVENTS
As of April 15, the limit on face-to-face events has been extended through July 31.
Spring Commencement update: Graduates invited to participate in fall commencement ceremonies
Because commencement ceremonies are a treasured tradition at Kansas State University, the university will combine its postponed spring 2020 ceremony with the fall 2020 ceremony, which is Dec. 11 on the K-State Polytechnic Campus. Additional details will be released as they become available. Spring 2020 commencement was canceled when the university moved to limited operations for the remainder of the spring semester.
Future student visits
Personalized campus visits are on hold through July 31. We have an interactive, hands-on, personalized virtual visit experience available for prospective students.