Safety and training

Kansas State University is committed to preserving the health and safety of our university community and our host communities. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or CDC, offers measures to help protect others and slow the spread of the virus.

Stop the spread

Every member of the K-State community has a role in stopping the spread of COVID-19. Campuswide approaches to safety are important because individuals without symptoms may still be COVID-19 positive and may spread the virus.

Actions you can take:
1. Monitor yourself for symptoms and stay home if you are sick.
2. Get your COVID-19 vaccine.
3. Wash your hands.
4. Take the Every Wildcat A Wellcat pledge.

Learn more about the Every Wildcat A Wellcat campaign.

Acquire supplies

The Division of Facilities storeroom is a centralized location for departments to order face masks and other cleaning and disinfectant supplies.

The Division of Facilities maintains signage to inform students, faculty, staff and visitors of health and safety guidance and recommended wellness practices. Contact Facilities Customer Service, or 785-532-6389, if signage is missing or in disrepair on the Manhattan campus. Contact Facilities at 785-826-2939 on the Salina Campus and Andrena Keesee at on the Olathe campus.

If departments need to acquire specialized equipment due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Financial Operations has compiled information and resources to assist.

Mask care and safe use

Health care providers recommend using more effective masks, including KN95, N95 or surgical masks. Read about more effective masks and ways to improve how your mask protects you.

Read the K-State Environmental Health and Safety advisory for COVID-19 N95 voluntary use.


For additional information about the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19, visit websites for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, the Riley County Health Department, the Saline County Health Department, the Johnson County Health Department or other local county health departments.