Small acts of prevention can reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19. In addition to wearing face coverings, building healthful habits like hand-washing and physical distancing can help you to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in your community.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others if you have to go out in public.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering if you have to go out in public.
- Stay home as much as possible.
All people on K-State property must maintain 6-feet of physical distance from each other. Learn about the university's policy on physical distancing.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
The virus that causes COVID-19 can enter your body through your eyes, nose and mouth. Touching your face can transmit germs from your hands to your face and places you at greater risk of infection.