Every Wildcat A Wellcat Pledge
At K-State, we are committed to putting others first. Right now, this means taking small steps to stay well and protect others. Therefore, I will take responsibility for my own health and keep my Wildcat Family safe by helping to stop the spread of COVID-19 and other infections.
I voluntarily commit to:
Care for myself
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and contact my primary care physician, Lafene Health Center or another medical professional if I experience any one of the following symptoms: a fever of 100.4°F (38°C) or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Wash my hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Be honest and forthcoming with Lafene Health Center or other medical professionals if I have been exposed to COVID-19 or am experiencing any symptoms.
- Get vaccinated for COVID-19 and the flu as recommended.
- Know campus health and well-being resources and access them when needed.
Care for fellow wildcats
- Stay home if I feel ill.
- Wear an appropriate face mask and other protective gear as directed by the university.
- Stay positive, sensitive and helpful to anyone around me who may be troubled or struggling.
Care for K-State and surrounding communities
- Keep my clothing, belongings, personal spaces and shared common spaces clean.
- Participate in COVID-19 testing and contact tracing to preserve community wellness if requested.
- Follow all university policies and procedures regarding COVID-19 and other infections.
- Abide by all city, county and state guidelines, including quarantine and isolation procedures, to protect our K-State host communities.