Tips for good relationships with instructors
**Avoid these negative behaviors.**
- Making excuses (your instructors have heard them all). Accept responsibility for your mistakes and failures.
- Arguing angrily- especially over exams.
- Treating classes as social hours or unwanted obligations.
- Being a know-it-all student.
- Telling emotional and personal stories leading nowhere
- Demanding that your instructors give you special favors and consideration.
- Telling other students what you dislike about the instructor instead of going directly to the instructor.
- Being irritating to an instructor who irritates you.
- Asking your instructors to be personal counselors.
**Much of this material was taken from Becoming a Master Student, Ellis.