Community resources are another piece of the wellness puzzle. They can help meet the needs of community members and can be essential in the healing process. Below are various community resources that may be beneficial as additional support.
- Psychology Today Therapist Finder - Finding the right therapist to assist you with reaching your goals is crucial to treatment. The therapist finder tool on the Psychology Today website gives you information about providers in our area such as credentials, specialties, and accepted insurance.
- Morning Star CRO - Is a peer run organization with a stated mission to, “empower people through mental health and substance use recovery to break through the barriers of stigma while decreasing isolation, incarcerations, and hospitalization.” They are location 467 E. Poyntz and are open 6 days a week (hours vary). Phone number (785)587-4644.
- Crisis Services - No one plans on a crisis, but should one arise there are resources in our community that can help.
- Crisis Center - (785)-539-2785 or 1800-727-2785 (437 Houston)
- Pawnee Mental Health - (785)-587-4300 (2001 Claflin Rd)
- Manhattan Emergency Shelter - (785)-537-3113 (416 S 4th St.)
- Affordable Medical Services
- Community Health Ministry - 785-456-7872 (407 Ash Street Wamego KS)
- Konza Prairie Community Health/Dental Center (785)-320-7134 (2030 Tecumseh Rd.)
- Riley County Health Dept. (785)-776-4779 (2030 Tecumseh Rd.)