Teachers and Staff
All classrooms have at least two adults present at all times. Classrooms have one full-time lead teacher and one full-time assistant teacher. Lead teachers have a minimum of a Child Development Associate Credential, and all teachers are actively involved in pursuing continuing education. In addition to the full time teachers, the Center has teacher aides assisting in the classrooms throughout the day.
The lead teachers’ qualifications exceed state requirements for working with young children both through educational background and work experience. Assistant teachers are supervised by the lead teachers and have previous experience and attend ongoing training at the Center.
Meet the center staff
The center staff includes
- Interim Director, Terraketa Rumpson
- Assistant Director, Terraketa Rumpson
- Program Manager, Natasha Freeman
- Enrollment Specialist, Bethany Cox
- HR Specialist, Jami Clark
- Senior Administrative Specialist, Robyn Alexander
- Lead teachers
- Assistant teachers
- Support staff / floating subs
- Teacher aides
- Food service assistants
- Office assistants
All staff are trained in First Aid and CPR, Recognition of illness and Abuse, and have tuberculosis (TB) and Health Screenings.
The University runs a background check on all full-time employees. The search checks employees’ criminal history for felony and misdemeanor convictions and the sex offender registry at county and federal levels in every jurisdiction where a candidate currently resides or has resided in the last 7 years.
In addition, a comprehensive fingerprint-based check is conducted. This consists of the following:
- A Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint check;
- A search of the National Crime Information Center’s National Sex Offender Registry
- A search of the following registries, repositories or databases in the state where the individual resides and each state where the individual has resided in the previous 5 years:
- State criminal registry or repository;
- State sex offender registry or repository;
- State-based child abuse and neglect registry and database.
- Out of state background checks for any state other than Kansas that an individual has lived in during the past 5 years and will include state criminal history, state sex offender registry and the state abuse and neglect registry