Teachers and Staff
All classrooms have at least two adults present at all times. All classrooms have one full-time lead teacher and one full-time assistant teacher. All lead teachers have a minimum of a Child Development Associate Credential, and all teachers are actively involved in pursuing continuing education. In addition to the full time teachers, the center has teacher aides assisting in the classrooms throughout the day.
The lead teachers’ qualifications exceed state requirements for working with young children both through educational background and work experience. Assistant teachers are supervised by the lead teachers and have previous experience and attend ongoing training at the Center.
Meet the center staff
The center staff includes
- Director, Rosie Mitchell (email@example.com)
- Assistant Director, Terraketa Rumpson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Assistant Director of Fiscal Management, Paula M Moseley (email@example.com)
- Infant, Toddler and Two Program Manager, Natasha Freeman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Preschool and School Age Program Director, Theresa Keene (email@example.com)
- Food Program Director, Emily Bonilla (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- HR Specialist, Jami Clark (email@example.com)
- Senior Administrative Specialist, Robyn Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Family Support Specialist
- Lead teachers
- Assistant teachers
- Support staff / floating subs
- Kitchen manager
- Teacher aides
- Food service assistants
- Office assistants
All staff are trained in First Aid and CPR, Recognition of illness and Abuse, and have tuberculosis (TB) and Health Screenings.
The university runs a background check on all full-time employees. The search checks employees’ criminal history for felony and misdemeanor convictions and the sex offender registry at county and federal levels in every jurisdiction where a candidate currently resides or has resided in the last 7 years.