Pantry Friendly Recipes
Easy Peach Cobbler
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 30 oz can of sliced peaches (or 2 16 oz cans)
- Optional: crumble crust topping - use 1/2 cup of instant apple cinnamon oatmeal packet and 2 tbsp of soften butter (available at Cats' Cupboard).
- Pour peaches in 9" square baking dish
- Mix Pancake Mix and sugar and pour over peaches
- Add butter tabs to the top
- Bake at 375 F for 50 minutes or until cooked thru and brown on top.
Southwest Pasta Salad
- 1 box of any kind of pasta (the pasta kit from Cats' Cupboard also works, just don't add the seasoning packet)
- 1 15 oz can of corn
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 cup of shredded chesse
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes (drain can before using)
- 1 or 2 cans of chicken
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup of Ranch Dressing OR
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar and 6 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on packet
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together in a large bowl, the chicken, a dash of salt, corn, bean, and drain tomatoes. ***Wait to add the cheese until the pasta is cooled off so it doesn't melt.
- Mix dressing with chicken, corn, beans and tomatoes.
- Fold in and slowly mix the mixture from the previous steps with the pasta, once it is done cooking.
- Refrigerate the pasta mixture for at least two hours, then add cheese. Store in fridge.
**For a vegetarian option, make recipe without chicken!
Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Bars
- 1 packet of instant apple cinnamon oatmeal (available at Cats' Cupboard)
- Half the spice packet in the instant apple cinnamon oatmeal (add more or less based on your taste preference)
- 1 can of apple pie filling
Optional Add In's
- Crushed Almonds
- Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Extract
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well
- Stir in optional add in's
- Spray a baking dish (any size will work) and spread mixture in dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes for desired crispiness.
Tuna Mac Mush
- 14 oz can of tuna, drained
- 10.75 oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup and 1 can water (rinse out can)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lb bag of pasta, cooked and drained
- Crushed potato chips
- Mix tuna, soup, water, salt and pepper together
- Stir in pasta
- Place in a tall greased casserole dish
- Top with potato chips
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Sloppy Veg-Head Joes
- 2 15 oz cans of sloppy joe sauce
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans
- Combine black beans and sloppy joe mix together and simmer for 3-5 minutes OR cook in microwave for 3-5 minutes, stirring every minute
- Serve with crackers, rice, potatoes or bread
Easy Burrito Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups of chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 1 15 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Other toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
- In a large saucepan add, 1 1/2 cups of water, cook rice according to package instructions; let cool and stir in salsa; set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve immediately, may add additional toppings of your choice.