Information on the progress on an Alternative Service plan will be available here as the committee proceeds with planning.
The IT Helpdesk, located on the second floor of Hale Library, will be available to assist classified employees who will need access to a computer or help with the electronic voting process; i.e. resetting your email password, locating the link for voting, etc. The IT Helpdesk contact information and hours of operation are:
785-532-7722 M-TH: 7:30 a.m. - midnight
800-865-6143 (toll-free) Fri: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
214 Hale Library Sat: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
firstname.lastname@example.org Sun: 1:00 p.m. – midnight
Dedicated, marked (Alternative Service Voting) parking for classified employees needing to visit the IT HelpDesk will be available east of Hale Library November 19-21, 2013.
Other areas where a computer could be used for voting are located at:
- Human Resources, reception area in the main entrance
- K-State Student Union, first floor in Salsaritas and outside the bookstore
- Power Plant, room 103
- Dykstra Hall, Facilities Resource Center, room 120
- James Chacon, Dykstra Hall Employee Services
- Salina Campus, Information Systems, Tech Center, room 182
Planning and Analysis will administer the voting process. The vote will be November 19-21, 2013 using the electronic online survey tool, Qualtrics. Employees can request a paper ballot (785-532-5712) and Planning and Analysis will remove their name from receiving the electronic vote. All Classified employees who did not request a paper ballot by 5 p.m. on November 12, 2013 will receive an email on November 19, 2013 with the electronic ballot. Employees who experience problems with the voting survey will need to contact Planning and Analysis (785-532-5712). Employees who experience problems with logging into their email account will need to contact the IT Helpdesk (785-532-7722 or 214 Hale Library).
Fall Town Hall Meetings with President Schulz: Presentation of Plan for USS
VIDEO STREAMS AND ARCHIVES OF TOWN HALL MEETINGS
Monday, November 4, 2013 9:00-10:00 a.m. Alumni Center Banquet Room
Monday, November 4, 2013 3:45-4:45 p.m. Alumni Center Banquet Room
Friday, November 15, 2013 9:00-10:00 a.m. Alumni Center Banquet Room
Friday, November 15, 2013 10:00-11:00 a.m. Alumni Center Banquet Room
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ELECTION FOR A VOTE
- August 2013---There will be an official announcement providing at least 90 days notice of the date, time and place of the election; to vote “yes” or “no” for University Support Staff (USS). A simple majority will be needed for approval.
- OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF FUTURE VOTE for Conversion of Classified Employees to University Support Staff (August 13, 2013)
NEW AND REVISED WHITE PAPERS
The white papers have been revised based upon the valuable feedback provided to us by the classified employees who attended the open discussion meetings in April and May of this year. Based upon those discussions, there have been two more white papers added to the list; a more detailed white paper outlining the structure of the Appeals Board, and a Transition white paper which outlines continued input into the plan by University Support Staff.
- Appeals Board
- Compensation Revision
- Performance Appraisal Revision
- Protection-Discipline Revision
A drafted USS handbook has been developed. It is based partially upon current rules, regulations, and guidelines for governance. It also contains many of the suggestions brought forth by you, the classified employee, who attended the open discussion group meetings held in April and May of this year.
The USS Employee Handbook is available for your review.
PLAN REVISION PHASE
- May-July 2013---The white papers will be revised based on feedback and input from the discussion groups with classified employees.
- August 2013---Administration will review the revised white papers.
FEEDBACK AND INPUT PHASE
- The months of April-May 2013---ASC will be holding multiple group discussions for classified employees to attend and have the opportunity to provide valuable feedback and input to the committee about the drafted white papers. Registration for the group discussion will be available through your HRIS self-service portal with the course description listed as ASC Group Discussions for USS and the course number WHR103: https://www.as.ksu.edu/psp/HRIS beginning March 1, 2013.
- January 1, 2013 through March 31, 2013---Work on the plan draft known as white papers in collaboration with Administration for the employment provisions allowable by law to be changed; Appeals Process, Performance Review, Compensation & Pay Plan, and Layoffs & Furloughs.
- Trip to University of Kansas, December 7, 2012
- ASC forms sub-committees to begin development of certain aspects of classified employment that can be addressed as defined by Statute 76-715a---December 12, 2012.
Janel Harder, Austin Daugherty, Parrish Quick
Marlene Walker, Hanna Manning, Kerry Jennings
Compensation & Pay Plan
Sam Reyer, Lois Schreiner, Doug Kraemer, Roger McBride
Layoffs & Furloughs
Terri Wyrick, Paula Connors, John Wolf, Amy Schmitz
Carrie Fink, Barb Nagel, Jennyfer Owensby